In Online Trading Academy’s Core Strategy Course, students learn the mechanics of how the financial markets work and how the law of supply and demand drives price movement in these markets. This course is designed to teach students how to trade and invest with a similar approach to banks and institutions through skill-building lessons and interactive live-market trading. The Core Strategy offers students a step-by-step process to learn to find trading opportunities with specific targets and a predefined risk management plan, enabling them to trade with skill and confidence. The best part, this approach can be applied to multiple asset classes, including equities (stocks), futures, Forex, and options.
Online Trading Academy’s Core Strategy is designed to offer powerful benefits to those traders and investors who gain the knowledge and master the skill of executing Core Strategy in the financial markets.
- Purposeful – An objective rule-based strategy with the single purpose of finding appropriate trading and investing opportunities
- Methodical – Does not rely on multiple complex indicators and conventional technical analysis but follows a sequential set of steps designed to find quality trading and investing opportunities
- Accessible – The same way one thinks about cutting coupons, shopping for bargains, and understanding the dynamic of wholesale and retail, is the same way to approach trading and investing in the financial markets
- Adaptable – The same Core Strategy principles used to invest in equity markets are the same principles used to invest in the Futures Market, the Foreign Exchange Market as well as Options trading. Regardless of the timeframe one prefers to trade in, OTA’s Core Strategy can be applied to multiple timeframes, whether one is trading and investing for daily, weekly, monthly, or longer-term purposes
To clearly understand the logic behind Core Strategy. Learn to properly apply OTA’s rule-based strategy to potentially find quality trading and investing opportunities for both the short and long term, which is applicable to multiple asset classes.
- Terminology – Learn the language of trading and investing, as well as the basic terminology of supply and demand
- Supply and Demand – Understand the fundamentals of supply and demand
- 2 Key Novice Mistakes – Understand the two cardinal mistakes of novice traders and investors
- Formations – Learn to recognize the trade formations (candle patterns) that represent quality supply and demand zones
- Zones – Learn the elements of supply and demand zones, and how to measure the quality of a zone by incorporating OTA’s scoring methodology
- Zone-ing – Learn how to apply the 5-Step process for identifying quality zones.
- Candlesticks – Learn to differentiate between a leg candle and a base candle to identify potential quality opportunities
- Base Isolation Technique – Technique to help students draw zone lines with precision
- Chart Time Frames – Using multiple timeframes to understand trade formation in a larger context
- Trade Blueprint – Follow OTA’s step-by-step approach to a consistent trade plan
- Trend Analysis – Learn what a trend is, how to identify an uptrend, downtrend, or sideways trend, and how to assess the trend direction for the trade opportunity
- Curve Analysis – Identify the location of supply and demand zones in a bigger context, to understand if it is the right time to join the trend or not
- Decision Matrix – Combine the elements of Core Strategy – the curve and trend analyses – to determine which action to take with the trade opportunity based on the analysis
- OTA’s Scoring Methodology – Identify specific characteristics of the zone that may imply an increased probability of a positive trade and assess the overall quality of the trade through a step-by-step scoring system
- Entries and Exits – Gain an understanding of the various entry types, the advantages, and disadvantages to each
- Risk Management – Understand the outcomes of trading, pitfalls of reckless trading, and the importance of risk management and applying Reward-to-Risk Ratios in one’s trading decisions
- Position Sizing – Define the proper position size to manage risk correctly
- Bracket Orders – Understand the value of bracket orders and use them to practice order placement
- Economic Reports – What are economic reports, how to prepare for them, and use them as a source of trading opportunities
- Gaps – Understanding different types of gaps, and how they can impact the probability of trading opportunities
- Trade Management – Learn different ways of managing trades (Dynamic trade Management) by moving stops, taking profits, or leaving one’s trade alone
- Logging Trades – Learn the importance of logging/journaling trades as a key component to evolving as a trader, use OTA’s Trade Tracker
- Using the Order Bar – Practice order placement with the standard order placement tools
- Create your Watch List – Understand the value of keeping a narrowed list of markets to focus on each day. Learn the attributes of quality markets to add to one’s Watch List
Core Strategy XLT is the first of our Extended Learning Track (XLT). This XLT delivers 3 sessions per week in our online virtual classroom environment where students can trade live alongside instructors, as well as continue their educational lessons.
Weekly Schedule (12-week curriculum, which repeats):
- Live Trading and Analysis – Short-term Financial Goals (2 Hours)
- Live Trading and Analysis – Long-term Financial Goals (2 Hours)
- Learning Reinforcement Session (1 Hour) - topics vary week to week. Schedule below.
Weekly Learning Reinforcement Sessions (1 Hour each):
- Set Curve
- Identify Zones
- Check Trend
- Score Trade
- S.E.T.S. Trade – Trader’s Worksheet
- Place Orders
- Risk Management
- Scaling In and Out
- Trade Management
- XLT Gaps
- Economic Calendar News
- Market Fundamentals
Get Core Strategy / and Extended Learning Track [XLT] or the other courses from the same one of these categories: Online Trading Academy, Core Strategy, Trading, Course, XLT, OTA for free on Cloud Share Network.
Share Course Core Strategy / and Extended Learning Track [XLT], Free Download Core Strategy / and Extended Learning Track [XLT], Core Strategy / and Extended Learning Track [XLT] Torrent, Core Strategy / and Extended Learning Track [XLT] Download Free, Core Strategy / and Extended Learning Track [XLT] Discount, Core Strategy / and Extended Learning Track [XLT] Review, Online Trading Academy – Core Strategy and XLT, Core Strategy / and Extended Learning Track [XLT], Online Trading Academy.